I made my great-great-aunt’s peaches and cream pie to take in to work tomorrow. I doubled the recipe and put it in to a 9 in. by 13 in. dish. This is one of my favorite desserts. The crust contains vanilla pudding making it moist and flavorful. The filling consists of cream cheese and peaches, hence the name of the pie.
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoons of salt
3 1/2 oz instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup of milk
15.4 oz can of sliced peaches
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
4 tablespoons of peach juice from can
sugar and cinnamon for topping
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Beat the flour, salt, instant vanilla pudding, baking powder, egg, and milk in a large bowl for one minute or until well mixed. The mixture should be a soft, sticky dough. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pie pan.
- Place the peaches evenly on top of the pudding mixture.
- Mix the cream cheese, peach juice, and sugar on medium speed for two minutes or until smooth. Spread the mixture over the peaches but not all the way to the edge of the pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.