By far my most popular post on my blog has been Bacon and Cheese Crockpot Quiche. The meal is delicious and I decided to update the recipe so it was 21 Day Fix approved. The changes greatly reduced the calories and fat while maintaining the great flavor!
Servings: 8 (I like to half the recipe and make it in my mini crockpot.)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup of 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 pieces of turkey bacon
- 2 cups of torn fresh baby spinach (about 4 cups loosely packed whole leaves)
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup of multi-colored bell peppers
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
21 Day Fix Containers (per single serving):
- 1 red (eggs, bacon, yogurt)
- 1 green (onions, peppers, mushrooms)
- 1/2 blue (cheese)
- Grease the crock pot with the butter. Turn the crock pot on low and leave the remaining butter in the bottom. It will melt while you are preparing the other ingredients.
- Cook the bacon. I cook the bacon in the microwave while I am preparing the other ingredients. Feel free to cook it any way you want.
- Cut the stems off of the spinach and tear the spinach into about 1/2 inch pieces. I tear the pieces into a measuring cup.
- Chop the onion, peppers, and mushrooms (or buy pre-chopped).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the yogurt, almond milk, cheese, pepper, spinach, onion, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
- Tear the bacon into approximately 1/2 inch pieces and top the mixture with bacon.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3 hours. The quiche is ready to eat when it is firm to the touch.
Nutritional Information: Calories 249, Fat 17.9 g, Cholesterol 305 mg, Sodium 393 mg, Potassium 283 mg, Carbs 2.6 g, Protein 19 g, Vitamin A 28.6%, Vitamin C 15.4%, Calcium 27.8%, Iron 10.3%
If you have any questions about 21 Day Fix, I would love to answer them. Feel free to contact me in the comments below. Check out my story here.