Behind, behind, behind…
Due to work vamping up right before my dissertation defense, I got way behind on my summer knit-a-long project. The website said I had until Monday, July 22 to post my finished picture. I took that to mean that I could post a picture on July 22, but I wasn’t sure. I knitted all day on Sunday, July 21, but at 11 pm I was worn out. I had all but three rows of knitting finished, but I still needed to bind off, sew up the sides, and tuck in all of my ends. On July 22 I was disappointed to find out that I had to submit my picture before July 22 to be eligible for prizes. I was still planning to finish my sweater on July 22; however…
The cat peed on my wedding dress
I picked up my dress about two weeks ago. My fiance has two extra closets with basically no clothing in them. I chose the taller closet, hung my plastic enclosed dress in it, and shut the stiff-hinged accordion-style doors. My fiance has a cat. Somehow she managed to get the door open and pee on the dress. I don’t have a clue how she got the door open. It’s difficult for me to open. Most of the pee was caught by the plastic bag, but some of it seeped through. There were only a couple of spots of yellow, but the dress reeked of cat pee. I spent all of Monday evening trying to get the smell and yellow out. I did both successfully. Yay! Needless to say, the cat is in trouble.
Finishing the sweater
I didn’t finish the sweater until Tuesday night. I wore it to work today (Wednesday). It turned out really cute! My colleagues couldn’t believe that I actually made it.
The pattern can be purchased at Holla Knits (the store/blog that hosted the knit-a-long).
Usually I post tips and hints for things that I make, but I basically made this pattern as written. I lot of other people were making this sweater at the same time, so they posted tips about what they were doing. You may find these resources helpful.
- Stefanie (the pattern author) gave some helpful tips for the butterfly lace on her blog
- I used a crocheted seam on the sides of the sweater, already described here
- There is a Ravelry discussion that talks all about the project here
- A lot of people ran out of yarn because the quantities in the pattern were a little off. I think that the pattern has been remedied, but I’m not sure.
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
The lace was difficult if you have never knitted lace before.
Time Required: ~50 movies
Overall Experience: Good
This was really fun to knit, and I love how it turned out!
- Nachtfalter Summer Knit-a-Long – Week 1 Progress (engineeredcreations.wordpress.com)
- Nachtfalter Summer Knit-a-Long (engineeredcreations.wordpress.com)
- Nachtfalter Summer Knit-a-Long – Finished Front (engineeredcreations.wordpress.com)
- Nachtfalter Summer Knit-a-Long Week 5 Progress (engineeredcreations.wordpress.com)
- Nachtfalter Summer Knit-a-Long Week 4 Progress (engineeredcreations.wordpress.com)
- Debriefing: Nachtfalter (rewolluzza.wordpress.com)